The Martin Grossman Post

What a terrible tragedy. From the moment I heard about this story I was conflicted. Even now, after his execution I feel torn between the two arguments.

I think this experience has actually made me rethink the death penalty. I know it's something that is in the Torah, but now, in Golus, how can humans make these decisions?

Why in one state would this man have been allowed to live but in another he is put down like a dog. Who gets to decide what's considered an "illness" or "mental defect" and who is just a murderer.

Yes, there are consequences, but are we in a position to make these judgments?

It's a tragedy that he murdered that young woman, and it's a tragedy that a Jewish soul was ended.

The only real lesson we can take from this to be careful on the paths that we take and the paths we let our children take.

Life is so precious.


0 comments:

Post a Comment